Thursday, October 24, 2013

Single Life by Dufflyn explains the upsides of not dating a man. Dufflyn is good at expressing herself that you can sense she feels in control or is being humorous. "For the first time in my life, my bathroom is my own!" and "Men and women should just live next door and visit when they're horny!" The poem speaks to me because it is saying that you don't always need to have someone else to be with you all the time, that being single can also be a good thing. The way that Dufflyn delivered the poem really made me think, analyze and understand, and that's why i liked this poem
Does it confuse you when people say "I'm an emotional idiot so get away from me... I mean marry me."? In Maggie Estep's poem Emotional Idiot she talks about relationships and how they seem to be. It is humorous because one second she’s telling you to "get away from [her]" then the next she is saying "I mean, come here" and it's confusing because Maggie keeps contradicting herself. I think that the theme is that relationships are not always perfect, but you have to make with what you got. The way that she tells the guy to get away from her and then to come back,
In Thea Monyee's poem Woman to Woman she talks about another girl trying to steal her husband. Thea shows her seriousness by telling the other woman that "[her] skirt is so short that is already shows [her] best assets. She explains how the other woman is conceited by "telling your friends that he’s cheating on me because he really wants you" Just because you can take someone's partner does not make you better than them. I like how Thea explained that "when he can’t deal with all of me, he goes to you" admitting that she can be hard to stand sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment